As an educator, you are aware that many factors outside the classroom can impact the outcome of a student’s learning experience. A student’s chance for success can be greatly improved by partnering traditional classroom instruction with additional approaches that appeal to a variety of learning styles and varying backgrounds.
The Charles W. Donaldson Scholars Academy was launched in the summer of 2014 to have a positive impact throughout the student’s high school career and help further prepare them for a college education.
The academy is a collaborative effort between the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Philander Smith College, and UA Pulaski Technical College, in cooperation with the Pulaski County Special School District and Jacksonville North Pulaski School District, and is funded by the$10 million desegregation settlement.
If you are an educator in PCSSD, your students are eligible to apply to attend the Donaldson Academy.
Be a 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grade student in one of the following school districts: Pulaski County Special School District or Jacksonville North Pulaski School District, are eligible to apply to the Charles W. Donaldson Scholars Academy.
The Academy prepares students for success in high school and beyond by increasing high school graduation rates and preparing students for college.
The Donaldson Academy has proven its effectiveness by helping students achieve their dreams of obtaining a college degree at no cost to the students or their parents.
Students who are accepted into the program, will attend the Donaldson Saturday Academy where they will received specialized instruction based on their grade level including ACT prep, college prep, and fun activities.
High School Students will:
- Gain help to improve your reading, writing, and math skills
- Enhance your social and emotional development
- Improve your educational achievement
- Getting ready for college through ACT preparation and application assistance
- Attend Saturday Academy each month during the fall and spring semesters
- Become a successful student in and outside the classroom
- Increase your confidence level regarding college attendance and graduation
- Become apart of a community and meet new friends
Questions? Contact Recruitment and Enrollment at email@example.com.